Safety : Can i warp to this site ?

• @Batz-Depofijos Some sites start a timer when you warp to them, and then NPCs show up after the set amount of time elapses and try to ruin your day. Sites marked safe on the chart above have no such timer. They are safe for all time.

• @Thrice-Hapus Thank you, Ive never come across one as yet.

• @Batz-Depofijos the Ghost sites are the best example. You'll find them listed a <size><faction> Covert Research Facility. So for example you'd find a data site in low sec with a name of "Standard Serpentis Covert Research Facility"

• @Batz-Depofijos said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

Can some one please explain what is meant by timer?

Ghost sites have a timer that activates under two conditions:

• initiate warp to the site while uncloaked
    • uncloaking when at the site

The exact duration varies site to site, and is not shown to you. If you take too long, then the npc's show up and kill you.

• @Chaim-Achasse said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

@Batz-Depofijos said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

Can some one please explain what is meant by timer?

Ghost sites have a timer that activates under two conditions:

• initiate warp to the site while uncloaked
    • uncloaking when at the site

The exact duration varies site to site, and is not shown to you. If you take too long, then the npc's show up and kill you.

*Most (not all) ghost sites will persist for at least two minutes. I run these sites in a frigate by setting a timer on my phone for two minutes, and if I have less than about a minute and a half when I'm about to hack the next can I bug out. If I'm in my Stratios I can tank the explosion and the subsequent rats. A tanky Astero can tank the lesser covert sites, and I think there's a fit in corp fittings for it.

In a fast frigate I can reliably get 2 cans, and occasionally 3 or even 4, when I have a blackglass plugged in.

Also, be aware that someone else may have triggered the timer if they are watching you. Savvy hunters may sit cloaked on-grid (but out of range of the explosion), and briefly uncloak to start the timer when they see you pull probes, in anticipation of you warping to the site in the next couple of minutes. Or, some other explorer may have just left the site, and the explosion may be imminent. I've died this way at least twice.

• Very good reference, thank you. Should have seen this before i lost my 900mio tengu in a superior ghost site. (before joining signal cartel)

• Guys, im in J011355 its a C4 WH and found 2 Central Data Sites, even tho the table says those are only in C1, C2 and C3. One Central Data was level 2 and the other Central Data was level 3. Did you guys have the same experience ? And btw, awesome table, helped me alot to get the ropes ! Thank you.

• @Lucifer-Supreme J011355 is a shattered system. You can find safe to run (no rat sites) in any shattered system no matter the class as far as I know.

• @Igaze Nice, another thing I learned today. I thought it was an update or somth. Ty.

• Shattered C4 wormhole yesterday

Relic Site Ruined Guristas Temple Site
    Data Site Central Sansha Survey Site
    Data Site Central Angel Sparking Transmitter
    Data Site Central Blood Raider Data Mining Site

Relic sites Safety Check
    Crumbing <> SAFE
    Decayed <> SAFE
    Ruined <> SAFE

Data sites Safety Check
    Local <> SAFE
    Regional <> SAFE
    Central <> SAFE

all of them safe did not see a single bady, except a Magnate what showed up .

• Yeah, the guide glosses over that, but all shattered WH systems can spawn the nullsec pirate sites, same as C1-C3.

• I think they spawn sites in a +1/-1 range of their tier. eg a C4 shattered will spawn C3/C4/C5 sites. I'm not sure if a shattered C5/6 will spawn faction relics though.
    Then there are the 3 sansha holes that spawn Sansha faction relics and sleeper caches that are usually only found in K-space... Wormholes are weird and wonderful 🙂

• @Loodsster, thanks for the update on Shattered C4 Data and Relic sites, I'll look at running some of those sites the next time I come across one.

• C13 yesterday also the C1-3 pirate site not as many as in the shattered bud still they spawn there

• This is super helpful, thank you! I wish I would have seen it yesterday as I came across a Forgotten relic site and almost got blown up as a million and a half NPCs came after me lol.

I do have a question on this topic that I was actually about to ask in forum elsewhere so great timing....how do you tell if a site is one of the C classes? Just by the things that are in/around the system or does it blatantly show it somewhere and I have somehow missed it? lol
    That was my first relic site experience in NS but after looking at this chart apparently it was a C site of some sort.

Navigation confuses me in real life too so I'm struggling with that part a bit.

• @Stenzzzy The C refers to the class of the wormhole. It is specific to wormhole sites, and does not apply to nullsec.

• @Thrice-Hapus
    Ah, well that makes sense since I used a WH to get there. See, still need to do some reading on this stuff lol.

• FYI, migrated this post to our corp wiki: Exploration Site Safety Guide along with some minor clarifications.

The page remains public, so that David's excellent contribution to New Eden exploration can continue to help all explorers. 📡

Any additions/subtractions/modifications to the wiki page - let me know....or, make them yourself. 😉