Null vs WH Exploration Preference

• @Igaze said in Null vs WH Exploration Preference:

even the quiet parts of null seem to have more people than most wormholes.

How do you know?? 😉 When I decloak in a WH, I feel like someone is always looking over my shoulder - that cloaky proteus is watching everything I do, waiting for the worst moment to decloak. I generally make safes and perches in WHs, but you never know what's on the other side of a WH - there could be a camp or untold riches!

In NS, everything is known. I know who/if anyone is in local with me, I can look them up on zkill, and decide what I want to do. Sure, sometimes I get someone chasing me, but I'm usually not caught unless I'm doing something stupid, in which case I kind of expect it (hacking with Tuffle and Hooch in-system with me, for example). I have gate perches in all the systems I visit, and I can tank most SB camps.

• Wormholes in an Astero 😃

Might do some null exploration once I have skilled into interceptors

seeing people in local raised my anxiety levels.

They don't really bother me - if they look like they are ratting and if I have a wild hair I may carefully run a site or two. Otherwise I just move on to the next system. I plan my route based on the number of jumps in the last hour on the F10 map, so I'm really focusing on empty systems.

• @Angel-Lafisques You're right I don't know but I think I prefer that. I make safes and perches everywhere and unless I see someone I play like no one is there. Maybe there is but unless they land on grid with me, extremely rare, it doesn't bother me.

I'm certainly not saying my reaction is rational, it's definitely not. My anxiety reactions in general aren't rational. I can't pick up a phone to make a call without heart palpitations. 😃

• @Angel-Lafisques said in Null vs WH Exploration Preference:

hacking with Tuffle and Hooch in-system with me, for example

My favorite Stain resident!

@Angel-Lafisques You're right I don't know but I think I prefer that. I make safes and perches everywhere and unless I see someone I play like no one is there. Maybe there is but unless they land on grid with me, extremely rare, it doesn't bother me.

I'm certainly not saying my reaction is rational, it's definitely not. My anxiety reactions in general aren't rational. I can't pick up a phone to make a call without heart palpitations. 😃

You fear the known; I fear the unknown. I wonder what that says about our psyches. 🙂

• That is a good way off putting it that wh has more tension (and content) because of no local and empty null is ussually a better isk making endevour.

I think the isk making of null caught my attention but I am still trying to build a bankroll.

I do ponder coaxing some nullsec locals to chase me in my helios (with an empty cargo hold of course). Null is boring with local and no one in it.

• @Nardieu-Gaterau said in Null vs WH Exploration Preference:

wh has more tension (and content) because of no local

Aren't they about the same, what with the current state of local and all 😆

• If making isk is your goal, nullsec is superior, assuming you can get out alive.

Since making isk isnt my primary focus, I stay in WHs. Cause caches.

• WH life for me, but i always stick my nose into any null-sec connections I find, just to see if there's any unclaimed data/relic sites 🙂

• @Nardieu-Gaterau In my experience no coaxing is necessary! Of course, if you really want to get chased, having a full cargohold is just the thing! 🙂

• Even though I appreciate wormholes for all the reasons everybody else here does, I would take Null Sec over them in a heart beat. On contrary to wormholes where you can lead a solitary and quiet experience, in Null you meet a ton of awesome people and communities. I've had a blast talking to people from all over Null space. You would be surprised to see how many people are glad to see a Signal Cartel pilot and I've been told and shown how much the EVE Online community respects this corporation. I've made friends in the farthest corners of the Universe and some of them were even my hunters. People I've met were more than happy to share information with me, teach me about the game or show me tips and tricks on how to become a better explorer. I've become quite adept at Null exploration and it was in no small part thanks to the people who were kind enough to help me or the people who were passionate enough to hunt me down. Because of this I've outgrown any fear of travelling in Null, hacking in systems full of hunters, stealth bombers, smart bombers, or just hauling billions of ISK across the vastness of space. Least to say that Null has taken my comfort zone and has shattered it into a C13 and now I can confidently travel anywhere and engage into any sort of activity.

Oh and.. ISK.

• For me it's WHs for ESRC, connection to Signal Cartel folks, and exciting/dangerous hacking. Null is for ISK, connection to other players, and relaxing hacking. I find in Null I have to watch Local always, so I'm not in alliance chat as much – but locals often wave and I enjoy meeting them.

I'm skilling toward running sites, it'll be interesting to learn if the trade-offs are the same for that.