Scanning Dificulty: Level I

• When scanning down signatures, you eventually reach a percentage level of 25% or greater. At that point, you see what category (relic, data, gas, wormhole, etc.) the signature is. Between 25% and 100%, if you hover your mouse pointer over the signature on the map, you will see “Scanning Difficulty: Level I” I think the levels are I to V.

Can you make a determination as to the type of site being scanned based on the difficulty level? For example, if it is a relic site and difficulty IV, you can surmise it will be a Forgotten Perimeter Relic Site?

I have looked and not found a table providing this information. I thought I would ask the community if anyone has found any definitive information on these scanning difficulty levels. Thanks.

• Whilst I can't say I've seen anything official, I do know from experience that lvl III sites can be hit or miss regarding unsecured/forgotten. Anything over that is certainly NSFH (Not Safe For Hacking)

• AFAIK the difficulty level only imply how many containers are in a site, not the type of it. Of course if you are in K-space, then the probability to find a Sleeper site are quite low and most sleeper are lvl IV or above, in J-Space, if you are in a C4 or greater (with the exception of 13 I think, see the 'safe site' list) they are all "unsafe".

• @Dravik-Zinmar Do you have a reference for that?

While there is much more documentation regarding the "old" categorizations of signatures and their required scan strength (like here), it has long been understood that required scan strengths are site-specific.

IIRC, a scan strength of 104 is needed for level V sites (Superior Sleeper Cache), 90 is recommended for level IV sites (Ruined Crystal Quarries, Standard and Limited Sleeper Caches, Covert (Ghost) sites, some C5 - C6 wormholes), 50 - 60ish for level III sites (most wormholes, most other relic and data sites). Gas and many combat sites are level I or II, but I don't have a complete list.

For all the work that @Po-Huit and others did on probe strength itself, there definitely seems to be a need for more documentation on signature strengths. Sounds like a great project for an enterprising Signaleer!

• @Meroveus-Deveran said in Scanning Dificulty: Level I:

Whilst I can't say I've seen anything official, I do know from experience that lvl III sites can be hit or miss regarding unsecured/forgotten. Anything over that is certainly NSFH (Not Safe For Hacking)

Ruined crystal quarries, the best relic sites in the game, are level IV signatures!!! 😱

• @Angel-Lafisques Only my (limited) experience.

• You are correct Angel Lafisques, I have the feeling I will make a project of this. Now I just have to see if I can copy and paste from the scan window to a spreadsheet, should be interesting.

• @Catbriar-Chelien You most certainly can! Looking forward to your results.