Safety : Can i warp to this site ?

• 10k views 👌

• @David-Louis That is great!

• Great work, only wish I'd found it earlier!

• I have a question;) If i fail in ghost site, i always lost my ship?

• @David-Hirefo If you're not sufficiently tanked, the explosion of the can will blow you up.

• @David-Hirefo It is possible to tank with a purpose built fit - usually consisting of strong buffer and explosive resist. But in a typical exploration frigate, you will indeed lose your ship.

• We could add the rare Silent Battleground here. Perfectly safe 20+ can sites where your only obstacles are the time it takes, and cargo space for all your loot.

• Made a stripped down notepad usable version of this amazing data.

KEY
    ===
    WILDCARD = <>
    SAFE = NO NPC, NO TIMER, NOTHING BAD YOU CAN ACTIVATE
    POSSIBLE LOCATION = *

RELIC SITES
    ===========
    CRUMBING <>
      SAFE--> HS[*]

DECAYED <>
      SAFE--> LS[*]

RUINED <>
      SAFE--> NS[*] C1[*] C2[*] C3[*]

FORGOTTEN <>
      NOT SAFE--> C1[*] C2[*] C3[*] C4[*] C5[*] C6[*]

DATA SITES
    ==========
    LOCAL <>
      SAFE--> HS[*]

REGIONAL <>
      SAFE--> LS[*]

CENTRAL <>
      SAFE--> NS[*] C1[*] C2[*] C3[*]

UNSECURED <>

DRONE SITES (DATA)
    ==================
    ABANDONED RESEARCH COMPLEX <>
      NOT SAFE--> NS[*]

GHOST SITES (DATA)
    ==================
    LESSER <> COVERT RESEARCH FACILITY
      NOT SAFE--> HS[*]

STANDARD <> COVERT RESEARCH FACILITY
      NOT SAFE--> LS[*]

IMPROVED <> COVERT RESEARCH FACILITY
      NOT SAFE--> NS[*]

SUPERIOR <> COVERT RESEARCH FACILITY

SLEEPER SITES (DATA)
    ====================
    LIMITED SLEEPER CACHE 
      NOT SAFE--> HS[*] LS[*] NS[*]

STANDARD SLEEPER CACHE

SUPERIOR SLEEPER CACHE

GAS SITES
    ====================
      NOT SAFE--> HS[*] LS[*] NS[*] C1[*] C2[*] C3[*] C4[*] C5[*] C6[*]

• LOL this was me.. didn't realized I wasnt logged in lol.

• I know that it's a rather old reply but I have to say a big thanks to the writer!

• Just want to say I appreciate this chart a lot! It helped me gain my first relic site and make me some shiny isk! Must see for any new exploration capsuleer

• Thank you this is great 🙂

• This is a great reference, thanks! I was only wondering if anything changed since it was posted as I'm in the process of making updated graphics for this. I checked in EveUNI and noticed they also mentioned a seemingly safe (yet rare) site inside shattered wormholes called "Silent Background" Is that correct? and if so are there any other additions or changes? Thanks all

• @Zeewire AFAIK the silent battleground only spawns in C13 holes and is indeed safe.

5min later: there is conflicting info on where it spawns: J-Space | shattered systems

This video has a 'normal' C2 listed so the site most likely spawns everywhere, but is very rare.

• Hi Folks

Can some one please explain what is meant by timer?

SAFE = no NPC, no Timer, nothing bad you can activate

Thanks in advance

• @Batz-Depofijos Some sites start a timer when you warp to them, and then NPCs show up after the set amount of time elapses and try to ruin your day. Sites marked safe on the chart above have no such timer. They are safe for all time.

• @Thrice-Hapus Thank you, Ive never come across one as yet.

• @Batz-Depofijos the Ghost sites are the best example. You'll find them listed a <size><faction> Covert Research Facility. So for example you'd find a data site in low sec with a name of "Standard Serpentis Covert Research Facility"

• @Batz-Depofijos said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

Ghost sites have a timer that activates under two conditions:

• initiate warp to the site while uncloaked
    • uncloaking when at the site

The exact duration varies site to site, and is not shown to you. If you take too long, then the npc's show up and kill you.

• @Chaim-Achasse said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

@Batz-Depofijos said in Safety : Can i warp to this site ?:

Ghost sites have a timer that activates under two conditions:

• initiate warp to the site while uncloaked
    • uncloaking when at the site

The exact duration varies site to site, and is not shown to you. If you take too long, then the npc's show up and kill you.

*Most (not all) ghost sites will persist for at least two minutes. I run these sites in a frigate by setting a timer on my phone for two minutes, and if I have less than about a minute and a half when I'm about to hack the next can I bug out. If I'm in my Stratios I can tank the explosion and the subsequent rats. A tanky Astero can tank the lesser covert sites, and I think there's a fit in corp fittings for it.

In a fast frigate I can reliably get 2 cans, and occasionally 3 or even 4, when I have a blackglass plugged in.

Also, be aware that someone else may have triggered the timer if they are watching you. Savvy hunters may sit cloaked on-grid (but out of range of the explosion), and briefly uncloak to start the timer when they see you pull probes, in anticipation of you warping to the site in the next couple of minutes. Or, some other explorer may have just left the site, and the explosion may be imminent. I've died this way at least twice.