Signal Cartel Overview - Two years anniversary feedback

• Hey there folks, how you doing?
    The Signal Cartel Overview has been out for almost two years (± a month) and I think now is a good time to gather feedback!
    If you've been using the overview for a while, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you kept, what you changed and what you'd like to see added for all to enjoy; and if you've disliked the experience, I'd also love to know why!
    I've already got a few ideas of my own for a future release so now is a good time to share all those ideas!

Much appreciated.

• I noticed while watching twitch streams that other overviews have an option to show EWAR on the right most column. At least Z-S does. I was toying around in overview settings to toggle that on for SC Overview but couldn't find it. Is there a way to implement that or am I doing something wrong and it should be on by default?

• @Bernard-Lachapelle Hello!
    I like this overview a lot 🙂 Especially the fact that it highlights other pilots with yellow background 👍
    After using it for a while I've ended up adding planets and moons to the exploration tab. This way I can focus a celestial before starting a hacking minigame which allows me to use keyboard shortcuts to warp away. So, now I have 2 exploration settings: the original clean one and the one with this escape option.

• @Mnaukovitsch
    Hey there, do you mean the little icon for things like neuts or damps at the rightmost side of the overview? I think it should be on by default and it might not appear if your overview is too squished but I'll look into it!

• @Bernard-Lachapelle Hey that's exactly it, I'll test it out, might be that it just doesn't show cause the overview is too narrow.

• I love The Signal Cartel Overview. I only miss lootable shipwrecks on the main combat tab.

• @Strelnikova
    The idea was to split "Loot" into its own preset to load into the 'Everything Else' category to keep "Combat" clear since you rarely loot as you fight; it was initially all rolled into "Combat" but when doing content with large amount of rats like Level 4 missions or high-end PvE sites, it quickly became an absolute mess and it was too easy to miss incoming players because they'd be somewhere further down; unless there is a large demand for this to be the case again, I'll probably keep things separate.

• @Bernard-Lachapelle I understand this. At the moment my only combat experience is SoE Epic Arc so my encounters were very simple and enemy easily lootable. By the way I love the work on Signal Cartel Overview!

• @Bernard-Lachapelle I can't believe it has been two years! I've been using your overview since the beginning and find it really useful. I generally run it on the Combat tab, switching to Everything Else for either Looting or Mining as needed. I use Exploration when cache tending but rarely need Travel (I imagine that would be far more useful if I went into Null and was dodging bubble camps though).

Notes:

• The EWAR icons do appear in the overview by default (I've seen them and haven't done anything to make that happen)
    • The only change I've needed to make (that I remember!) is adding the new high yield asteroids to the mining preset.
    • Having Loot as separate from Combat is a good thing in my opinion, for exactly the reasons you stated in your reply to Strelnikova. Those higher level sites certainly can create a lot of wrecks, sometimes filling the overview pane even using the loot-specific tab!

Thank you for your work on this! ❤

• One thing that might be worth changing: some NPCs that are used in events are marked as "irregular ships" or something like that. These are not included in Combat preset, so when doing those events, I had to originally fight them when in Everything preset, which is obviously not exactly well-prepared for combat. All those things should be in Combat, I think

• Hi,

Still using it, about 80% of what I need, just added two extra tabs (PI and Mining) for the rest, works great!

Fiddle

• 10/10 for my is perfect awesome job. 😍 😍 😍

• Last opportunity to provide feedback before I start working on the new version this week with the goal to release it over the weekend. 🙂

• @Bernard-Lachapelle oh, I didn't know you were working on a new version! will sit and make a few notes tonight.

But mainly for myself and I assume other AD members a tab or (optional tabs?) for mining/huffing/ice crunching and a Tab for PI work, will go into a bit more detail if you want when I'm done with work. 🙂

• @Sir-Fiddle-Sticks
    All feedback and suggestions is welcome.

• @Sir-Fiddle-Sticks said in Signal Cartel Overview - Two years anniversary feedback:

@Bernard-Lachapelle oh, I didn't know you were working on a new version! will sit and make a few notes tonight.

But mainly for myself and I assume other AD members a tab or (optional tabs?) for mining/huffing/ice crunching and a Tab for PI work, will go into a bit more detail if you want when I'm done with work. 🙂

I've added these as well, and would think adding them to the official overview makes sense. At least as an option that can be added to the tabs by the pilot if they need.

Another, might be an overview option specifically for D-scan. I set one up which is defensive only and has only player ships and warp disruption on it.