Rookie's first T2 ship experience

• @Sophia-Sydney It's sad to say, but something I learned in EvE is that none can be trusted, unless you really know them. And surely not the highsec borders cos especcially these are full of campers and pvp gangs waiting for rookies jumping into low for the first time.

• @Sophia-Sydney Sorry for your loss.

Low-sec is actually the most dangerous space in EvE. It is infested with players who live for single and small-gang combat and will tackle anything that moves. CONCORD isn't going to come help you any more than they will in null, and the loot is worse than in null, so there's really no reason not to go straight to null as far as I can tell.

Take a wormhole to some quiet part of nullsec (Cloud Ring has been highly recommended to me) and safe up anytime there's a local in system.

Mostly, though, I don't recommend the Vexor Navy Issue (or any other ship) until you can easily replace it. The VNI is quite expensive. An ordinary Vexor is a pretty awesome ship, and should be satisfactory for big fun and profit doing what you're doing.

My suspicion is that for a new player relic exploration is actually better ISK/hr than ratting, but I haven't run the numbers, so take that with a grain of salt. It's certainly a very different activity.

• A new explorer shouldn't prioritize relic over data, both can be profitable and especially if you don't have much ISK. I've built up a nice nest egg and I still run everything I see. My best can so far (57 mil) was from a data site. And even then, my personal ratio of relic to data sites scanned down for now is like 3:1. Maybe it's just RNG Jesus being an ahole to me or relic sites are just not as common. So if you have the ability to run both, you're gimping yourself just by doing relics. Just my 2c.

• @Onomi-Saraki 😺 I wish people would stop talking about data sites, my "well kept secret" doesn't seem to be a secret anymore. 😺

• @Onomi-Saraki said in Rookie's first T2 ship experience:

A new explorer shouldn't prioritize relic over data, both can be profitable and especially if you don't have much ISK. I've built up a nice nest egg and I still run everything I see. My best can so far (57 mil) was from a data site. And even then, my personal ratio of relic to data sites scanned down for now is like 3:1. Maybe it's just RNG Jesus being an ahole to me or relic sites are just not as common. So if you have the ability to run both, you're gimping yourself just by doing relics. Just my 2c.

Absolutely this! Plus, it doesn't take long to hack a data site and they all add up.

• @Gaston-Charante It doesn't take long to hack either site. It of course depends on your skills and how good you are at the mini game.

• @Teptae You're still safe since most people tend to prioritize relic over data.

• But VNI is T1 ship. Faction, but not T2.

• @Andrew-Chikatilo Feels like T2 carrying such a price tag..

• @Sophia-Sydney I think prices went up because VNI is Alpha friendly.