Stupid Noob Mistake (lost count)

• so im in a WH running a few sites not really paying attention when i got a fleet invite i thought i recognised the name and pic so without thinking i accepted only to be squad warped to a citadel and my death
    really good trick on there part
    Im such a ****ing idiot

thought i would share my pain and shame

Good Hunting Fly Safe and dont talk to strangers

• Getting scared by probes on overview only to realise they're my own.

Being lazy and warping gate to gate "just this once" only to die horribly in a gate camp.

Thinking "ooh, there's a good wormhole here" then realising it's the one I just jumped through and forgot to bookmark.

Yours is a good one though. Another common tactic is inviting people to a fleet to supposedly help pilots who are in trouble or a bit stuck and then being able to warp directly to them for an easy kill. Beware unexpected fleet invites!

• @Gaston-Charante said in Stupid Noob Mistake (lost count):

Getting scared by probes on overview only to realise they're my own.

I did this yesterday and yelped. I then hopped into another wormhole and did the exact same thing.

• Ganked in a stout VNI.
    Launched Drones - 2 Geckos, 3 Hobgob II.
    Not dealing damage.
    Realized I launched the Salvagers.
    In heat of the moment I forgot to turn on armor rep.
    Dead.

• @Gaston-Charante said in Stupid Noob Mistake (lost count):

Thinking "ooh, there's a good wormhole here" then realising it's the one I just jumped through and forgot to bookmark.

This is me every time.

My biggest mistake until last night: not having probes in my D-scan. It is generally useful to know whether or not there are other explorers in the system.

• In a superior sleeper cache needing the explosion to kickstart the rift in the 'sentries on duty' room only to get distracted and fire at the plasma containers just when the healing cloud dissipates.. BOOM goes the Tengu.. 😕

Or, thinking "I can get this last can before the 'enormous shockwave' hits" in he library room, rush over there and then finding you left your MWD running so you cap out just when it hits.. BOOM again .. 😕

Luckily there's always Jita 😛

• In a Ghost site after looting 2 cans, "I've still got time to go for a 3rd can before the timer expires..." cue npcs, exploding cans and an insurance payout... 😉

• @Quinn-Valerii
    Been there up to the moment the Tengu can tank the BOOM and you warp off.. Tried the same with an Astero which did not go that well though 😛

• Good reminder that fleet invitations are possibly dangerous - I am a noob and probably have made oodles of errors I didn't even notice because I got away with it...