Two monitor noob question

• I am using Allison and Tripwire in Firefox browser and playing Eve fullscreen. I am getting tired of Alt-Tabing back and forth. I know many people use two monitors. I would like to get Eve on one monitor and Firefox on the other.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti video card. The card has DVI-I, DVI-D and mini HDMI outputs. I can set up the hardware so this question is really about how to set up the software.

Am I correct on the following: I will select extend the display (not duplicate) so my desktop will cover two monitors. Play Eve in windowed mode and size it to fit one monitor. Launch Firefox in windowed mode and size it to fit the other monitor.

Is that the best approach? Is there a way to assign Eve to one monitor and still be in fullscreen mode? I did some reading and saw reference to “running clients”.I know this is a simplistic question but first time I have ever tried it.

• @Catbriar-Chelien that is about the size of it. If you are running Windows 7, you can also get a free program called UltraMon which will make your setup easy to maintain and more customizable.

• The other way would be to have a tablet like an iPad or a laptop running beside you. Might work as an interim solution.

• Set eve to play FIXED windowed, set it to the maximum resolution for the screen and then select which "screen" you want to have it to use. Eve will hog that one and leave the other one free.

• Thanks guys, I got it to work windowed. I will give the Fixed approach when I get home tonight.

• @Aldar-Roanaok The external device removed the comfort of copy/paste container title and password.

A second monitor would be a more comfortable extension in general.

• True, I'd forgotten the pasting of passwords. The cache name should be saved in game though. For those that don't know, if you've previously typed in "EvE-Scout Rescue..." it should present as an option when you type "e" into the cache name field.

Not that helps in this discussion since if you're needing to paste across the fact the name is saved is irrelevant.

• Orsel, you are so correct. Between Allison and Tripwire, I will never go back to just one monitor.

• @Dravik-Zinmar where do you fix eve in windows or in the game

• @Ross-Sharvas What is the problem that needs to be fixed?

• Once you have "extended" your displays in Windows' display settings, each monitor will be treated as separate from one another. You just need to then open EVE on one monitor, set it as a "Fixed Window" in the game display settings and put Firefox on the other monitor. Both applications will be running in full screen and you will be able to run you cursor along both screens without needing to tab-out out of the game.

• If, like me, the Eve window disappears when in fixed mode, windowed mode fixes that. For some reason when I make my browser active, Eve would disappear. No idea why, not too bothered by playing in window mode. Must be something with my Win 10 setup. WoW does not do it but StarCraft sometimes does. 🙂

• @Ross-Sharvas In the game, in the options screen under graphics (first tab if I remember correctly)

• I may be completely off base on this: In Eve, under Display and Graphics, set fixed window. Three options down under "Display Adapter", I can set which output port on my graphics card will have Eve. My graphics card has two output ports (for two monitors). Once I set that, I sign in on my first monitor but the game launches on the second monitor full screen.