64 bit client on wine for mac reference.
Aliza Kootz last edited by Aliza Kootz
- open "terminal"
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install wine
- download the windows client from CCP. https://binaries.eveonline.com/EveLauncher-1514997.exe
- there will probably be a winecfg popup, when that happens, set Windows Version to
Windows 10and click OK:
- The eve client should then launch.
- open the client settings and set:
printf '#!/bin/bash\nwine ~/.wine/drive_c/EVE/eve.exe &> /dev/null &\ndisown' >> ~/eveonline
chmod a+x ~/eveonline
mv ~/eveonline /usr/local/bin/, then close the launcher. You should be able to restart the launcher by calling
All the required steps are done you could play now, everything below this line is optional
- download https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd0wggs8q468xat/core_user_<USER NUMBER>.dat?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg5u2pw1njrvsyz/core_char_<CHAR NUMBER>.dat?dl=0
cp ~/Downloads/core_* ~/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/CCP/EVE/c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility/settings_Default/
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/CCP/EVE/c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility/settings_Default/
- Now login to your SC char through the client, and then logout and close the client.
Now you need to replace your
core_user_<lots of numbers>and
core_char_<lots of numbers>files with the files that you downloaded in step 13. you can
cp <filename to copy> <filename to replace>for each file.
Totally done now, enjoy your better eve experience.open the launcher by entering
eveonlineanywhere in terminal, and lauch your character to make sure that the settings worked.
Let me know if you have any issues.